Saturday, October 30, 2010

Our society is growing in terms of media at exponential rates.  This growth, like one of our recent readings highlights, is taking place in schools across America.  Today many schools are filled with state of the art computer labs, production stations, etc.  Recently, colleges have been supplying many of their students with iPads.  The article linked in this post mentions Stanford as the most prestigious school to begin this program for its students.  When I heard about programs such as this one, I remembered that when my brother attended college back in 2000, his school had handed him a laptop.  Is this slowly becoming the way of the future? Will iPads be distributed to each Freshman class?  I find that to be very unlikely.  Personally I don't see much use out of an iPad.  However, the presentation comparing the iPad to the soon-to-be-released Playbook caught my eye.  I was unaware that Blackberry was going to be releasing a tablet in the near future.  It's a very intelligent move on their part, especially considering my last post was in regards to their recent misfortunes.  I believe, actually hope is a better word, that Playbook will bring Blackberry back.  I think it will prove to be a hot commodity for the company that hasn't had much luck with recent releases.

Blackberry really looks to be putting their cards into the Playbook. As we all know, the Playbook will feature Adobe, unlike the iPad.  However, Blackberry has chosen to integrate its tablet so that Adobe is used in all of its apps.  It is also said that Blackberry will offer any app developer a free Playbook for doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment